Wednesday, November 11, 2015

A Shade of Blood By Bella Forrest---- I Need IT!!!

BOOK 2!!!! I Need It!!!!

A Shade of Blood by Bella Forrest

17733861


Let me start this review off by saying I started reading this book within 30 seconds of finishing the first one A shade of vampire - Here is my review of that one! Usually follow up books are not as good as the first one but.... Jeez Lousie!!! Ms. Forrest did a wonderful job!!! The first thing that I will say is that my hatred for Ben grows with each passing page.

Ben this is how I feel about you ----------


If you really cared for Sophia even as friend how could you tell her that you always knew that she liked you and you liked her too but you weren't ready to settle down. SO INSTEAD OF MANNING UP  and telling her your feelings you decided to play with her emotions by having her watch you tounge down every chic in sight....ugh... you DISGUST me! Then on top of all that you decide after of course seeing her with another man, Derek Novak (*******SIGH*******) ,  That you want to be with her more than just her best friend. Really? Really?? Really!!!!!   Then on top of that you give her an ultimatum, Either you or Derek? How could you do that, did you even think about your family, your little sister? 

 Next Bozo up----

Derek-


Derek Why oh why did you do it. You spent all that time convincing me that you were a good person only to drain someone as soon as Sophia leaves. I understand you are losing yourself right now but how do you think Sophia will feel when she comes back....oh yea she comes back! HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!!  Come to find out the ultimatum that Ben gave Sophia did nothing but push her further into the shade. But not before Derek decides to chase his brother off the island and destroy the sun room. He just keeps making worse and worse decisions. But.... I still love him. Apparently so does Sophia.


Just when you think things can't get any worse, Vivienne goes off to find Sophia and ends up getting kidnapped by the hunters! This is no good for Derek and is the catalyst behind him going after Ashley. Then to add another twist into the mix, Ben goes off and joins the Hunters only to find out that the leader of the Hunters is Aiden Claremont.....yes that's right Sofia's deadbeat father is the leader of the people that are trying to extinguish everything that is the Shade.  


I was so caught up with this book. I just wanted everything to work out.....smh.

Awww he loves her!!! I knew it but the fact that he says it outloud makes all the difference. He also winds up taking her to his sanctuary which happens to be a lighthouse, all very romantic. The couple goes through a series of ups and downs one being Sophia demanding that he no longer allow any of the vampires to kill the humans on the island. This causes a great ruckus with the Elite. Safe to say they are not happy.

In keeping up with the story, we finally find out what happens to Lucas he goes over to the Maslen clan but not before trying to locate his father who refuses to meet him.  Once Lucas gets to the Maslen clan in Egypt we are able to meet Borys Maslen and the widely talked about Ingrid.  To my great surprise Ingrid is none other than ..... WAIT FOR IT......

Camilla Claremont


Yes Sophia's mother is Ingrid and apparently she has promised Sophia to Borys.... Bella Forrest is going to make me go insane with these cliffhangers.... but I love it.

Questions I wish I could Ask  the Author!

1. This Island seems to be HUGE! Any place inparticular you based the location off of?
2. Why is Gregor Novak so distant from his children?

For my fellow book lovers:

Do you feel like the other girls of the Harem have Sophia's best interest at heart?
Do you think the Elite will go along with them not killing anymore humans and going back to the blood of animals and of the dead?
Should Ben really be trusting Aiden Claremont?


The Candy Coated Books Rating!!!!


Story line (easy to follow):
4.5 Stars
This book was so hard to put down and since I already read the first book I already am invested in the story. I caught myself being surprised at few points in the story but at other points I was a bit disappointed, ok one point. You only give one paragraph to the first sex scene? There could have been more detail and still kept it PG. 

Characters (Likability)
4 stars!
I wish I knew what happened to a few characters, Vivienne for starters and the Hudson family? But besides that I think the characters stayed true to what they were in the first book. I was happy to see That Derek returned back to his tortured diamond in the rough ways.

How bad ass was this book:
5 Stars!!!
For the second time in this series- I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THIS BOOK!!!  
Besides the few times that I got caught up because of the change in POV, this book was absolutely breathtaking. I find myself sighing at certain points and laughing at others. I can't wait until I start the next book.









No comments:

Post a Comment